Diageo is proud of its brands and its commitment to setting the standard for social responsibility and responsible marketing. Over the past decade, we've worked closely with governments, the public health community and licensing authorities-plus other beer, wine and spirit producers-to help develop policies and initiatives that promote responsible drinking and discourage alcohol misuse.
A new and innovative resource developed by Diageo is DRINKiQ.com, a website intended to help combat alcohol misuse and promote responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives. It contains loads of resources about the effects of alcohol on the body, ways to talk to your kids about alcohol, and helpful hints and tips for hosting parties and much, much more.
The Century Council (TCC) is a leader in the fight to eliminate drunk driving and underage drinking and promotes responsible decision making when drinking alcohol. Its innovative programs such as the b4udrink educator and Girl Talk aim to get young people, especially, to think about the choices they make. TCC is sponsored by Diageo and other leading distillers in the U.S. http://responsibility.org
The International Center for Alcohol Policies focuses on responsibility, partnerships and an evidence-based approach to alcohol policy issues. http://icap.org
Social Aspects Organizations
- COUNTRY/REGION ORGANIZATION WEB SITE
- Australia Drinkwise http://drinkwise.com.au
- Canada Educ'alcool http://educalcool.qc.ca
- Czech Republic Forum-psr http://forum-psr.cz
- Denmark GODA http://goda.dk
- European Union The European Forum for Responsible Drinking http://spirits.eu
- France Entreprise et Prevention http://www.ep.soifdevivre.com
- Hungary Hungarian Association for Responsible Alcohol Consumption (HAFRAC) http://www.typoezis.hu/hafrac/eng.html
- Ireland MEAS - Mature Enjoyment of Alcohol in Society
DrinkAware (Ireland) http://www.meas.ie
- Malta The Sense Group http://thesensegrouponline.org
- Mexico FISAC http://www.alcoholinformate.org.mx
- Netherlands STIVA http://stiva.nl
- South Africa ARA http://www.ara.co.za
- Spain Fundación Alcohol y Sociedad http://www.alcoholysociedad.org
- Taiwan Taiwan Beverage Alcohol Forum http://www.tbaf.org.tw
- United Kingdom The Portman Group
DrinkAware (UK) http://www.portmangroup.org.uk
- United States The Century Council http://responsibility.org
Setting the Standard For Social Responsibility
We get that it's a party. But everybody - guest and host- needs to keep some simple rules in mind.
- Real hosts go pro. Hire a real bartender to mix drinks and serve responsibly.
- Show the designated drivers some love. Nothing's worse than two-liter bottles of flat cola, so whip up a non-alcoholic punch or two.
- Make sure somebody has numbers for the cab company.
- Plan a graceful exit. Think about how you're going to get home before you leave home.
- Talk with your mouth full. Eating before or while you're drinking slows alcohol consumption.
- Pass on the salt lick. Salty snacks make people drink more, so don't be afraid to bake a cake.
- Be aggressive. If you're hosting, grab your guests' car keys and be smart about who gets them back.
- Time really is on your side. It's the only fool proof method for sobering up, so stop serving or drinking at least an hour before the party's over.