Ketel One Dirty Martini recipe
Swap limoncello for the classic vermouth in this citrus-forward vodka limoncello martini cocktail recipe for a new spin on an elegant vodka martini.
For those who enjoy a little sour with the sweet, this vodka martini riff is for you. Sometimes called a Lemon Drop, this variation uses limoncello, an Italian lemon liqueur, instead of vermouth, fresh lemon juice and a touch of simple syrup, which adds just the right amount of sweetness. The cracked pepper notes from the Ketel One Vodka add an intriguing and multifaceted flavor that lingers with each sip. This cocktail can be served in a martini glass for a classic vibe, or you can up the ante with an eye-catching, art deco-inspired coupe glass for added glamor.
- 1 oz. Ketel One Vodka
- 0.75 oz. Limoncello
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz. Simple Syrup
- Lemon Wheel Garnish
- *Approximate serving size is 1.16 servings. Please enjoy responsibly.
- Using a sharp knife and a cutting board, cut a half-inch slice of lemon and set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until combined and strain into a martini or coupe glass.
- Rub prepared lemon wheel along the rim of the glass, then add as garnish.
In this recipe
- 8 oz. Granulated Sugar
- 8 oz. Water
- In a medium size pot, heat the sugar and water for 15-20 minutes on a low simmer until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally to prevent caking.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Pour into a container for storage, and label, date and refrigerate for later use. Good for 3 months. Yields 14 oz. of simple syrup.