A delicious combination of eggnog and bourbon! A classic holiday cocktail with a rich, creamy flavor and a hint of baking spices.
A good bourbon, such as Bulleit, already has notes of baking spices in its flavor profile, so you can’t go wrong with adding it to eggnog. You can use the basic ratio for this recipe to scale up for larger batches. For most cocktails, you’re not going to want to add ground spices directly to the drink (see infusions below for an option), as they risk making the drink taste gritty, but with a thick mixer like eggnog, they blend in beautifully. Consider also ground cinnamon, allspice or pumpkin spices.
- 1 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
- 4 oz. Eggnog, Chilled
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Chocolate Orange Stick Garnish (Optional)
- Dash of Ground Nutmeg Garnish
- Combine bourbon and ground nutmeg in a mixing glass or cocktail shaker with ice.
- Stir well to chill and strain into a mug or old fashioned glass.
- Add chilled eggnog and stir to blend.
- Sprinkle nutmeg over the drink to garnish.
- Garnish with a chocolate orange stick.